How it is possible, I’m not sure…but Addilyn is just a day away from being 6 months old!
At 5 months, Addilyn:
- can roll over exceptionally well! She uses it as her main method of maneuvering around the floor.
- loves playing on the floor! We spread toys and tupperware containers all over the floor and she has a ball!
- her favorite toy right now is a tupperware container filled with large plastic ‘coins’ that go to another toy. She shakes the container for hours…haha!
- has two teeth on the bottom, they popped through her gums just a couple days before she turned 5 months.
- loves to ‘dance’, especially with Daddy. She lays on the floor and Daddy stands at her feet and dances and she wiggles and kicks her legs and swings her arms while giggling, it’s the cutest thing!
- is very playful and goofy, she will do almost anything to get us to laugh at her. And when we laugh, she laughs, I love it!
- visited Bergey’s dairy for the first time
- went to the pumpkin patch and pet piglets and goats
- went to the zoo for the first time, though she was more interested in the kids we were with than the animals!
- sitting up really well, we can’t leave her because she does tip over, but for the most part she can hold herself steady
- suddenly isn’t interested in books. She gets really frustrated that she can’t eat the book the entire time we are reading it…so we are taking a little break from books, but will keep trying!
- won’t fall asleep on her own, in a crib. I have to walk her around, wear her in a wrap or sling or nurse her to sleep. We are working on it though…
- had her first injury 😦 We were eating lunch while Addilyn was scooting around the floor and somehow she scooted her way over to the bookshelf, we were watching her, but she lunged forward right into the edge of it and once she discovered that it hurt, she kept pushing her head into it trying to scoot backwards, so she ended up hitting her head several times before I could RUN over to pick her up. Once I got to her, she was already in the crying-so-hard-I-can’t-breathe stage and let out quite the holler when she caught her breath 😦 I felt HORRIBLE! She had a tiny little red mark for a few hours and then it went away. I can’t even describe how fast my heart sank when I saw she was hurt. Poor baby.
- wakes 2 times at night to nurse, usually around 2am and 5am. Then goes back to sleep until 7:30ish
- nurses every 2-3 hours during the day
- has recently learned how to squeal the highest pitch squeal I have ever heard, lol! It’s really funny
- is definitely showing interest in crawling. She scoots forwards and backwards, but hasn’t quite figured it out just yet.
- has decided naps are not neccesary…ha! Seriously, she is taking two 10-20 minute naps during the day. Not cool in my book. I’m hoping this improves. I’m going to start working on trying to get her to sleep in her crib for naps, rather than the pack n play downstairs. Today was our first try and it didn’t work I’m not in to the cry it out thing, so I have to find another way
Happy 5 months Addilyn Murray! You light up our world with your endless giggles and contagious grins! We love, love, love you Addi!